Sellers and Buyers Guides COVID-19
Effective in the province of Quebec, as of May 11, 2020
Royal LePage is committed to the health and security of the communities it serves and continues to put at the disposal of its agencies and real estate brokers resources and reliable information that reflects Public Health recommendations. Below is a best practices guide that we invite you to follow to protect your health and that of others during a real estate transaction.
Recommendations to sellers during property showings
- In order to ensure the security of all, please complete the Health certificate related to COVID-19 before any property showing. This document is mandated by the Organisme d’autoréglementation du courtage immobilier du Québec (OACIQ) and will be provided to you by your real estate broker before each property showing.
- Any concept of open house is strongly discouraged.
- Ensure you follow the hygiene guidelines issued by public authorities.
- Ensure to wash your hands properly and to disinfect all surfaces in your property with soap or Health Canada approved sanitizer before and after each property showing. Your real estate broker will also be responsible for disinfecting surfaces that will have been used during the property showing, as required.
- Property owners are required to leave the property during showings.
- Ensure you keep a 2 meters distance between you and other individuals in all circumstances.
- In order to avoid any contacts, please open all doors, wardrobes or cabinets, and turn the lights on before any property showing.
- If possible, please ventilate your property 30 minutes before and after each property showing.
- You must follow guidelines provided by your real estate broker.
- Should you have any concerns or questions, please contact your real estate broker.