Buyer's & Seller's Guides COVID-19
Effective in the province of Quebec, as of May 11, 2020.
Royal LePage is committed to the health and security of the communities it serves and continues to put at the disposal of its agencies and real estate brokers resources and reliable information that reflects Public Health recommendations. Below is a best practices guide that we invite you to follow to protect your health and that of others during a real estate transaction.
Recommendations to buyers during property showings
- In order to ensure the security of all, please complete the Health certificate related to COVID-19 before any property showing. This document is mandated by the Organisme d’autoréglementation du courtage immobilier du Québec (OACIQ) and will be provided to you by your real estate broker before each property showing.
- Before visiting, all potential buyers should provide a mortgage pre-approval proof.
- Ensure you follow the hygiene guidelines issued by public authorities.
- In order to help logistics, please arrive at the property showing on time.
- Ensure you wash your hands with soap or Health Canada approved hand sanitizer, before and after each property showing.
- It is forbidden to touch any surfaces or to use sellers bathrooms during property showings.
- Ensure you keep a 2 meters distance between you and other individuals in all circumstances.
- Only individuals whose names appear on the promise to purchase should be on hand during a showing; this means no friends, other family members or children.
- It is strongly recommended to children and individuals aged 70 years or more not to visit a property.
- You must follow guidelines provided by your real estate broker.
- For your information, sellers are requested to ventilate the property before property showings and they are required to leave the house during property showings.
- Should you have any concerns or questions, please contact your real estate broker.